Olgac NACAKCI (Mr.)
President and CEO – LLB, LLM, Ph.D. pending
Olgac NACAKCI is the managing partner of NACAKCI. Prior to be a partner at NACAKCI, he was a partner of a reputable law firm in Istanbul for around 10 years.
Olgaç represents and advises a wide range of international and domestic clients. Some of his experience includes the following:
– Advising and representing a Fortune 100 globally known Courier Company in several Trademark Infringement cases.
– Advising and representing a Fortune 100 globally known Hotel Chain in several Trademark Infringement cases, and prosecution matters.
– Advised a Fortune 100 Multinational Computer Hardware Manufacturer in Comparative and Non-Comparative Advertising Matters for an International Advertising Campaign.
– Representing a European-based Optical Sorting Innovation Company involved in Patent Infringement litigation.
– Advising and representing a Worldwide Internet Infrastructure Service Provider in several Trademark Infringement cases.
– Advising and representing several German Clothing Retailers in various Trademark Infringement cases and drafting contracts for business needs.
– Advising World’s largest credit card company in a Patent Litigation.
– Representing a Well-known Japanese Video Game Company in a case regarding Cancellation of the Turkish Patent Institute’s decision.
– Representing a Well-known British Clothing Company in a trademark infringement and counterfeiting issue. This includes issuance of warrant and confiscation of the counterfeiting products.
– Representing an International Children Game Manufacturer in a multitude of intellectual property disputes, including trademark infringement and invalidation cases.
– Advising a European-based International Clothing Manufacturer in Trademark-related matters and representing in various Trademark Infringement and Invalidation cases.
– Representing an International Car Equipment Manufacturer on Industrial Design-related matters before Trade and Specialized Courts.
– Advising a Major Local Household Appliance Company on Industrial Design and Patent-related matters, drafting various IP-related Agreements.
– Assisted South Korea Government for the preparation of a Guidebook regarding the Intellectual Property Rights and Procedures in Turkey.
– Advising World’s Largest Sporting Goods Retail Company in Consumer Law related issues and Drafting Various Contracts for the same.
– Advising a local leading AC Motor Company in drafting International Distribution Contracts.
– Representing an International Hotel Chain and biggest Arab Investment Company in a multitude of intellectual property disputes, including trademark infringement and invalidation cases.
– Advising and Representing a USA-based International Clothing Manufacturer and the most counterfeited Trademark in Turkey, in Trademark Infringement matters.
– Advising World’s leading Cosmetic Company in a trademark infringement case.
– Representing World Olympic Committee in various trademark infringement cases in Turkey.
– Advising World’s second largest home improvement stores chain in Confidentiality Agreements and Copyright matters.
– Advising and Representing a USA – based International Textile Manufacturer, in compliance matters.
– Advising and representing World’s leading Pharmaceutical Company in several trademark cases.
– Advising World’s leading Textile Company in advertisements related issues.
– He has also advised several pro bono clients before various Courts.
Olgaç is a member of the Antalya Bar Association. He is actively working in committees of International Trademark Association (INTA); AIPPI International, International Bar Association and many other organizations. He was lecturer at the Istanbul Bar Association, Legal Intern Educational Center.
He is also entitled to practice as Trademark Attorney before the Turkish Patent and Trademark Office.
Olgaç received his LL.B., from Istanbul University, School of Law and his LL.M. from Istanbul Bilgi University. His studies focused on Copyright, Patent and Utility Model Law, Industrial Designs Rights and Invalidation, Consumer Law, Information Technologies, Business Law, Competition Law, Economic Analysis of Law, Pharmaceutical and Arbitration Law. He prepared numerous academic papers and presentations related to these fields. Olgaç also attended to Erasmus Exchange Program in Maastricht University and participated and accomplished several classes such as Law & Economics, American Law, Intellectual Property Law, and European Competition Law. His Master Thesis is focused on Patent Law, i.e. “Clash of Patent Rights and Competition Law Rules: Analysis of EU Pharmaceutical Sector Inquiry”. He is now working on his Ph.D. thesis on “Economical Analysis of Patent Law and special focus on methods of the calculation of damages in Patent Infringement cases” at the Istanbul Bilgi University.
Olgaç is a volunteer member Educational Volunteers (TEGV), Amnesty International, and Greenpeace. He is also former Campaign and Children Rights Coordinator of Istanbul Amnesty International.
He is fluent in English.
2020 – to Date — Managing Partner at NACAKCI / Attorneys at Law
2020 – to Date — President of NACAKCI Danismanlık AS (Consulting Company)
2011 – 2020 — Partner at Ekdial & Nacakci (Istanbul)
2006 -2011 — Associate at Istanbul Patent and Trademark Consultancy Ltd. (Istanbul)
2005-2006 — Legal Intern at Guner Law Firm (Istanbul & New York)
– Istanbul Bilgi University, P.hD. (pending) (Istanbul)
– Maastricht University LL.M Exchange Program (The Netherlands) (2009)
– Istanbul Bilgi University, LL.M Degree (2010) (International Business Law) (Istanbul)
– Istanbul University (2005) Law Degree (Istanbul)
– Antalya Anadolu Lisesi (2000) High School (Antalya)
– Intellectual Property Law
– Copyright Law and Brand Protection
– Anti-counterfeiting Procedures
– Unfair Competition Law
– Competition and Antitrust Law
– IT Law
– Marine Law and Mega Yachts / Super Yachts
– Advertisement Law